Are you passionate about energy efficiency and seeking to make a difference in the built environment? At DMA Engineering, we are committed to environmental stewardship by providing creative and efficient solutions for residential and commercial buildings. We are a small firm with plans to grow in our three verticals of Energy Modeling, Design and Commissioning. Our projects vary from custom homes, new building net-zero design and commercial building retro-commissioning, to industrial heating & cooling for occupant comfort and processes. We utilize many different designs and design techniques.
While we are fast-paced and work hard to ensure we deliver outstanding results for our clients, we also value our time to play in the outdoors and have structured our working hours and location to accommodate an active lifestyle. Work-life harmony is important, and we will work with you to achieve a plan that is mutually beneficial. Our office is set up to be physical or virtual, so if you want to ski in the morning and work late, not a problem; want to coach little league and need to leave early, not a problem; want to speed more than two weeks abroad, not a problem. Quality and reproducible work are our objectives.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical HVAC Engineer to join our team.
The Mechanical HVAC Engineer will be adding depth and strength to our existing team. We are seeking candidates who share our passion for making the world a better place through more efficient building systems and processes. The mechanical HVAC Engineer will have a minimum of two years’ experience and be invaluable in further developing and refining design standards and processes. Drawing details, understanding the nuisances of a specific piece of equipment, fully understanding the methodology a piece of software uses, and taking a deep dive into a code or a guideline is the more enjoyable part of the job. This individual is able to work with a diverse team and contribute their knowledge and expertise to contribute to the whole team and project. The right candidate will have an opportunity to grow and develop into a leadership position as we expand.
- Support the team on design and commissioning projects
- Research solutions and present the research back in a concise manner to the rest of the team
- Project Management
- Provide drawing QA/QC
- Redline clear and effective notes for support staff to incorporate
- Select equipment and create equipment schedules, and work with equipment representatives
- Refine current processes and standards
- Work with vendors to gain further efficiency of their products or software
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Work well in a team environment as well as demonstrated ability to work independently
- Obtained at a minimum EIT (FE) status
- Above-average skills in AutoCAD
- Confident making adjustments on large projects and able to do basic ducting design via REVIT
- Comprehensive understanding of design documents and ability to effectively communicate design changes to design team
- Knowledgeable about current HVAC equipment technologies and understand current best industry design practices
Location and Hours
DMAs offices are located in beautiful Golden, Colorado. This is a full-time position. While there is flexibility to work from home, the mechanical HVAC Engineer must be local (or willing to relocate) and work in the office on a regular basis. To accommodate our active outdoor lifestyle, we are open to extremely flexible work schedules.
Compensation and Benefits
- $70,000 to $90,000 base salary, commensurate with experience
- Bonus program
- Health and Retirement benefits
- Professional development is encouraged and compensated
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off including 10 days’ vacation, 10 company holidays, and comp time with the ability to accrue 80 hours on the books
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please tell us how a flexible work environment would benefit you.
Job Type: Full-time only.