You have an old building and you want to make it as energy-efficient as possible.
How do you go about the process? Engage an architect, general contractor or property manager? How will it be paid for? CPACE is a great place to start your project and it can be overwhelming. We know because we’ve been through the process many times. * Commercial property-assessed clean energy (CPACE) is a financing structure in which building owners borrow money for energy efficiency, renewable energy, or other projects and make repayments via an assessment on their property tax bill.
We’re happy to share our CPACE processes and turnkey solutions with you. What excites us about CPACE is it can help you really take advantage of energy-efficient measures and not lose your budget in the process.
Foundational Components to CPACE Application
- Understand long-term plan for your asset
- Initial consult to understand and develop your owner’s project requirements (OPR)
- Walk the asset and baseline performance in the Energy Star Portfolio Manager to give us a macro view of the performance. Driving Energy Efficiencies — Scenario Planning
- Creation of 3-4 Energy Efficiency Scenarios designed to meet your specific asset plan and goals.
- It’s important at this stage to think broadly about the environmental impact because there is only one round of funding with CPACE. We believe in large-scale solutions to substantively improve environmental impact. Understanding Investments
- Macro planning stage/pricing for different energy scenarios
- Engineering study to inform and develop your project, including engineering analysis of the building, full list of measures, understand the scope of each scenario, develop pricing to implement each scenario, and full financial analysis.
Choosing a Scenario — Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- We will finalize all the CPACE paperwork, secure financing, identify the construction team, commission, and provide continuous monitoring of the systems.
- We will be committed to your project for 3 years via continuous commissioning to ensure to your energy savings are realized and that your building is a productive member of society.
See more here: CPACE WEBSITE
*Commercial property-assessed clean energy (CPACE) is a financing structure in which building owners borrow money for energy efficiency, renewable energy, or other projects and make repayments via an assessment on their property tax bill. The financing arrangement then remains with the property even if it is sold, facilitating long-term investments in building performance. CPACE may be funded by private investors or government programs, but it is only available in states with enabling legislation and active programs.